An Update and Overview of COVID-19 for Medical Students from InsideTheBoards Featuring “Dr. Raj” Dasgupta
This is a special episode we're posting across the InsideTheBoards network to educate med students on the clinical issues surrounding COVID-19 like how ventilators work, how patients are assessed and some potential questions students may have about the coronavirus pandemic.
“Dr. Raj” is a Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine physician and assistant program director for the University of Southern California’s Internal Medicine residency program. Dr. Raj is actively involved in media and has appeared on The Doctors, Bill Nye Saves the World and many others. He is one of the hosts for TNT’s Chasing the Cure and author of author of Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls, which you can learn more about at beyondthepearls.net.
The Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards Mobile App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like a preview of the soon to be released "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
What Can You Do?
You can help spread commonsense about COVID-19 by supporting this podcast. Hit subscribe, leave a positive review, and share it with your friends especially on social media. We can each do our part to ensure that scientifically accurate information about the pandemic spreads faster than rumors or fears. Remember to be vigilant, but remain calm. For the most trusted and real time information on COVID-19 and the coronavirus pandemic, both the CDC and WHO have dedicated web pages to keep the public informed.
The information presented in this podcast is intended for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.